If you are new to creating a website these are the steps. (do it yourself web development)
- Do your research and have your website plan! Highly recommended. Read the rest of this site to get an idea on how.
- Register a domain (like opensm) I use Godaddy for domain registrations.
- Purchase a website hosting service. I use wordpress so it runs on linux servers, so your web hosting needs to be linux servers running apache webclient operating system. I use godaddy for this.
- Install wordpress into your hosting account. I have a video on this here, but godaddy walks you through this.
- Install a “theme”. The theme controls the look and feel of the site. This site uses “thesis” theme from DIY themes. It totally rocks!
- Add pictures, written content, videos and lead capture to your site. This is adding “content”.
Here is the video which explains it.